Friday, January 05, 2007

1960 Peanuts for Ford Falcon in COLOR!

So Mark Evanier just posted this commercial to his site this morning. This was doubly-ironic for me, as I've spent the last few days trying to find some Peanuts Ford commercials on YouTube and the web in general --AND the Ford Falcon in this spot is the EXACT year, model and color that my DAD owned when I was a kid! (I remember thinking back then how the heater vent under the dash looked kinda like a boxcar with an open door on a steep grade.) I love the way the early Peanuts designs are animated here though...too bad ol' Snoopy didn't ALWAYS look this good!

4 Comments:

Blogger Robert Pope said...

There must be some kinda God or somethin...this is just the best. Whoever animated that bit where Snoopy gives his cigar a little roll and squeeze musta' smoked a stogie or three, 'cause that's whatcha do (the squeeze is mostly for sounds..if you hear a crackle, then you know the cigar has been improperly humidified, and is too dry to smoke...I can't imagine this relates in any way to a CHOCOLATE cigar, however...)

4:44 PM

 
Blogger Robiscus said...

I was tittering with anticipation for that salesman to announce the list price, but alas he only mentioned the "whopping" $124 deduction.

3:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! This is so cool. My mom is a Snoopy fanatic (which she passed down to me and my brother). I'm definetly sending this to her :D

1:04 AM

 
Blogger sampsoni said...

Holy Moley, I am appalled and shocked!! Seeing the stars of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" giving out cigars!?? This is so wrong! Wouldn't go by today's standards. Besides, no one really cares about safety these days, they only care about restoring the environment.

7:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home